Wednesday 30 March 2011

When will that "enough time" come?

"The biggest mistake people make in life is not making a living at what they most enjoy." Malcolm Forbes

This is one of my favorite quotes.  I first read this quote from one of the the landing pages of SBI.  I must admit, this has changed my thinking about working and earning for a living.

Since I was a kid, I had been involved in community organizations but when I left my home country to live abroad, this somehow changed.  To fill the void, I turned to internet to read inspirimg stories and quotes, and there are plenty of them on the web.  I love reading inspiring stories and quotes.  I am hooked to these kinds of reading topics-topics that  inspire me to do the things which I am capable of doing but do nothing about it. 

There are many people who can do more than what they normally do but just like me before, do nothing about it.

One time, while I was on a social networking site, I shared that SBI landing page to a friend and asked him to read it for I know he has the skills and the talent than can possibly turn his life around.  Regretably, he didn't open it at all much less read it because according to him he has no time to read it.  I didn't question his reason but deep in my mind, it was the same reason that I use to say when trying to evade something.

When will that enough time come?  Most people have time to do unproductive things but no time at all to try things that are promising.  Trying not is even costlier than trying it.

And as Malcolm Forbes said, "The biggest mistake people make in life is not making a living at what they most enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment