Thursday 10 March 2011

The Plus Sign

This is my favourite of all time.  I have shared this many times to my friends, and all of them had a laugh.

"The ten year old boy was failing math. His parents tried everything to get him to do well in school but nothing worked.

Finally, they enrolled him in a Catholic school.  From his first day, the boy spent every night poring over his books.  When his first report card arrived home, he had received an A in mathematics.

"Son," his father asked, "what made the difference? The nuns? The textbooks?"

"I'd never taken maths seriously before," the boy admitted, "but when I walked in and saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I knew this place meant business!"


Excerpt from Stories of Life and Laughter (part2) p.58 By Fr. Bel San Luis, SVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment