Saturday 23 March 2013

Francis Kong's Blog Post: “What Is Love?” plus 1 more

Francis Kong's Blog Post: “What Is Love?” plus 1 more


What Is Love?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 08:36 AM PDT

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, “What does love mean?” The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think.

  • “Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way.”
  • “When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.”
  • “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.”
  • “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
  • “Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don’t yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings.”
  • “Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.”
  • “Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.”
  • “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
  • “Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day.”
  • “Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.”
  • “During my piano recital, I was on a stage and scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.”
  • “Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.”

 

You know why we love kids? Because they can see the world with pure innocence that we adults no longer can.

Their childlike faith becomes a reminded that we need to be like them in order to be happy too.

But here's the problem.

We're so busy with our careers, businesses or professions we leave the kids unsupervised.

They watch music television and they see all those naked and half naked artists doing their thing and they might confuse that with love.

They watch television. Boy meets girl in the bar, girl picks up boy goes to their apartment and do their thing. Our kids watch stuffs like that and they might confuse that with love.

I was in a shopping mall one time and as I entered a sports shop they were playing a Filipino song from one of the more famous bands we have and to say that the lyrics were obscene would be the understatement of the year.

Our kids listen to music like these and they might confuse it with love.

There's a big difference between lust and love and prohibiting our kids from reading, watching and listening to garbage is no easy task.

May I propose that we need to spend time and guide them through and teach them what is right and wrong.

I watch TV and listen to music together with my children and explain to them what is right and what is wrong.

The work is harder but I simply have to do it.

The world will continue to decay and immorality will continue to increase.

But there is no business for me that is more important than the business of raising up my kids to become godly people so they can live productive lives.

Arts, music and literature will continue to feature garbage and we cannot isolate our kids from it.

But the best thing we can have them see, hear and watch is the quality of life and love parents demonstrate on each other.

I don't know about you but the best thing I can do for my kids is to love their mother and make sure she's the only one I love.

 

Character and Not Success

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 05:39 PM PDT

I have lived my life for a good many years and have never heard anyone say, ‘I wish I had entered that adulterous relationship or “If I can live my life again, I would have stolen more money.”
God wants you not only to climb the corporate ladder but to climb the character ladder! People rise up to their success because of their talents. But they cannot maintain their success if their character is lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment