Sunday 27 January 2013

Francis Kong's Blog Post: “” plus 1 more

Francis Kong's Blog Post: “” plus 1 more


Posted: 27 Jan 2013 01:02 PM PST

Personal growth should not be incidental, it should be intentional.

Rarely does growth come suddenly and interrupt us while we are watching a downloaded movie.

Seek to learn and grow. This is not an ideal; it is essential for survival and success.

Share and Enjoy

FacebookTwitterDeliciousDiggStumbleUponAdd to favoritesEmailRSS

GOD HAS YOUR PICTURE

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 04:12 PM PST

A woman is dying of AIDS. A minister is summoned. He attempts to comfort her, but to no avail.
"I am lost," she said. "I have ruined my life and every life around me.
Now I'm going painfully to hell. There is no hope for me."
The priest saw a framed picture of a pretty girl on the dresser. "Who is this?" he asked. The woman brightened. "She is my daughter, the one beautiful thing in my life."
"And would you help her if she was in trouble, or made a mistake?
Would you forgive her? Would you still love her?"
"Of course I would!" cried the woman; "I would do anything for her!
Why do you ask such a question?"
"Because I want you to know," said the minister, "that God has a picture of you on His dresser."[1] How important it is for people to know that accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior means accepting the love of God and His forgiveness.
I was seated across a very successful businessman in an Italian restaurant and I never had any idea that our talk would take an entire 4 and a half hours. He was troubled. Had problems with his finances like most business people do today. But as we talked about a lot of things the one thing that struck me was when he said, "You know, I've done some very crazy things in my life before I became serious with God. I love Him and I know that He is punishing me for that."
No wonder the guy was troubled,
He's got a faulty theology.
And this is no time for me to offer comfort. This is the time for me to correct his views on God.
He must have seen the sudden serious look on my face when I said, "Listen, you're wrong."
The moment you accepted Christ you have been forgiven. All of your sins, past, present and future. That's what the cross is all about. That's why He died for you.
You may have done stupid things in the past and perhaps you're still paying the consequences for such but that's not God's punishment upon you.
And then I had to spend a lot of time talking about God's forgiveness.
The businessman is not alone.
Guess how many people walk the streets everyday carrying the excess baggage of guilt and fear in their lives ignorant of God's forgiveness.
People who are in Christ some times forget to wear their badges.
You know what that badge is?
It's the assurance in the Book of Romans wherein Paul says, "there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
And maybe this is why they have no joy in their lives.
·      Oswald Chambers says: The most marvelous ingredient in the forgiveness of God is that He also forgets, the one thing a human being can never do. Forgetting with God is a divine attribute; God's forgiveness forgets.
·      George Arthur Buttrick says: God does not wish us to remember what he is willing to forget
Some times human beings are more unforgiving than God but that doesn't change His character.
So you've messed up? Stop messing up. Go back to your senses and do what is right. God is there   to help you go through and the next time you feel that God could not love you and would not forgive you.
Remember that He has a picture of you on His dresser.
  


[1] The Jokesmith, Published by Edward C. McManus, 44 Queen's View Road, Marlborough, MA,

Share and Enjoy

FacebookTwitterDeliciousDiggStumbleUponAdd to favoritesEmailRSS

No comments:

Post a Comment